10/21/2008

Why I DO NOT guarantee my work.

Update: I'm not currently doing lice removal services.  Sorry! But read this blog for info on how you can deal with head lice effectively on your own.

After doing my best to remove all the nits and lice from someone's head, they sometimes want a money-back guarantee - an assurance that they are now lice-free and will be bothered by head lice no more.

I can't do that for them. Why?

1. Sometimes people do not follow instructions.
Even though I make two visits to the home, I still require people to be diligent in their own combing between visits and they need to do regular combing / lice checks for at least 2 weeks after my last visit. If they don't participate in the combing and checking, the problem can still continue. Sometimes, a parent will have me check a child, but they will not let me check their head to see if the lice have been passed around. In these situations, lice may still be in the home after my visit.

2. They might get lice again from another source.
The child that has been declared head-lice free can go back to school, hug a friend who has head lice, and the cycle begins again. I can pick and comb 'till the cows come home, but I can't protect you or your children from all lice everywhere.

3. I can miss something.
Anyone who has ever picked lice/nits knows that it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. There is always a chance that I will miss something. This is why I offer a FREE follow up visit where give the head another look and check for signs of any new lice activity.

What I do promise is to provide you and your family with the best information regarding staying head-lice free and I promise to do my best to get every nit and louse out of your hair to the best of my ability. And, I think my ability is excellent, thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolute the BEST invention since sliced bread. I'm a single mom working full time. My daughter's school and daycare both have a 'nit-free' policy. I also work for a non profit organization so my pay is not the best, i couldn't afford to take time off work or the rates to have the nice lice lady come in to do it (although I certainly would have liked to -- an invaluable service indeed). Thankfully my workplace allowed me to bring my daughter to work and so with a thorough combing in the morning and in the evening had her nit-free within 4 or 5 days. Definitely worth the price!!

Cathy, the Nice Lice Lady. said...

Agreed. This comb is a little bit pricier than other metal combs, but it is worth it. It's sad when I see people who say they won't buy the Licemeister comb because of the price (around $25 CDN), and yet, they spend 5X that amount on one time use "shampoos" that don't work. Skip ALL the so-called treatments and buy this comb.
Again, I have no affiliation with the makers of the Licemeister - I just want to get the info out to help as many people as possible.